Darrow’s Farm Fresh Takeout is now SPE-certified!
We’re committed to responsible sourcing, nutritious food, and transparency. Here’s a little description of what SPE certification entails:
1. SPE stands for the Latin phrase Sanitas Per Escam, or “Health through Food.”
2. SPE Certified is a unique restaurant certification program that promotes nutrition and sustainability throughout the culinary world.
3. Any style of cuisine or food service can be certified based on responses to our science-based questionnaire.
4. Our questionnaire asks about sourcing, menu balance, as well as staff training and transparency to generate a one, two, or three star rating.
5. Whether you are one, two, or three star, by being SPE Certified, you are demonstrating a strong commitment to nutritious and sustainable dining practices.
6. SPE Certified encourages the following across the menu:
- Responsibly-sourced products
- Nutrient density through the use of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes
- The use of healthier unsaturated fats such as olive oil, vegetable oil, nut and nut oils, and fatty fish
- Limiting processed ingredients which are higher in sodium, added sugar and artificial additives
- Cooking techniques that preserve the integrity of the ingredients and minimize the formation of unwanted compounds
7. The SPE Certified logo represents the most trustworthy seal for diners searching for nutritious and sustainable food when dining out.